D
estiny Newsletter   
Christian Destiny Christian Destiny
The Tide of Our Times

“Waning Faith — A Duke University professor reported...that his analysis of data suggests that American religious belief is getting gradually weaker and less widespread than it once was... [A] study stated that although religion is still a powerful force in American life, the number of people who have no religious affiliation has grown substantially. Today, as many as 20 percent of Americans say they do not belong to any religious group compared with 3 percent in the 1950’s.” The Lamplighter

The Other 80 Percent by Scott Thumma and Warren Bird “reveals that in most churches today only 20 percent of the members are heavily involved. The other 80 percent are minimally involved and attend infrequently.” The Lamplighter

“Online gaming company StarvingEyes Advergaming came out recently with a new game featuring several conservatives as zombies for players to kill...The company is well known in the world of advertising.” AFA Journal

“Five Reasons Why We Love Israel:

  1. Jesus was, is and remains a Jew (the lion out of the tribe of Judah).
  2. Our whole Bible is Jewish.
  3. The Jews are an impressive proof of God’s existence.
  4. Israel is the hand on God’s world clock.
  5. Our future is closely connected with Israel.”
News From Israel

“Some people object to studying prophecy because they claim it is ‘too deep’ and difficult to understand... For example, in Revelation 6:2, the apostle John wrote, ‘And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

If you don’t know where to begin in Revelation, start with chapters 6, 8, 9, and 16 because these are the places where three series of judgments are described. No one should dismiss prophecy because he thinks it is too difficult to understand.

Others make the excuse that prophecy is something new Christians do not need to know. Why not? You tell them they need a Savior who died for them, who is God. Can you explain the God-Man? That is a difficult thing to do. We should encourage new Christians to read and understand as much as they can. As the years go by, they’ll understand more. Two of Paul’s earliest epistles are 1 and 2 Thessalonians. Both are loaded with prophecy. Paul was in Thessalonica little more than four weeks (Acts 17:2), yet he taught the people there about future things (eschatology).

And when the Thessalonians sent questions to him, Paul reminded them, ‘Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?(2 Th. 2:5).” Charles C. Ryrie

THIS ONE WE LIKE!
As seen on a poster—
“BIG BANG THEORY In the Beginning There Was Nothing... Which Exploded.” The Lamplighter


Destiny Newsletter continued


A ministry of
CHRISTIAN DESTINY
Hillsboro, Kansas 67063
Phone 620-947-2345